Cinnamon Apple Chips, made with a few simple ingredients like apples, cinnamon and sugar. These are Vegan, gluten-free, and a healthy snack at any time.
This is a great way to use up some apples and make them last a little longer. Slice, sprinkle & bake for 1 hour on each side.
Cinnamon apple chips are a healthy snack that kids and adults will both love. The best part is that you do not need a dehydrator to make them! Dehydrators are pretty cool, don’t get me wrong. But they do take up a lot of space.
If you would like to mix it up you can use different types of apples, fuji, granny smith, red delicious, gala and so on. It’s a great idea to mix in the sweetest with the tartest apples to achieve the perfect flavour.
If you prefer not to use sugar you can always use Stevia/Spenda or any other natural sweetener. You can also add in any spice you’d like. Next time I make them I would love to try an apple pie seasoning or maybe a spicy one like chili or cayenne pepper.
When they come out of the oven and have completely cooled simply place them in a resealable bag. They will last for about 2 week at room temp although they probably will be gone by then ;).
So will you give them a try?. I promise you will love them!
- 4 Apples (I used Gala)
- 1-2 tsp . Ground Cinnamon
- 2-3 tsp . Granulated Sugar, if needed
- Preheat oven to 200F/90C
- Slice apples to ⅛” thick, core each slice using a corer. I used the lid of a Soda Bottle.
- Coat the sliced apples with the cinnamon and sugar.
- Line a baking sheet with Parchment paper and cooking spray and line the apples flat on the pan. You may need to use two pans so that they are not overlapping.
- Bake 2-3 hours, flipping half way until the chips are dry yet still soft.
- Allow to cool completely before placing them in an air tight container for up to 1 week (if they last that long!).