Gluten Free Classic Pumpkin Soup made with fresh pumpkin that is very fast to make. Thick, creamy and full of flavour, this is the pumpkin soup recipe you will make over and over again!
As winter kicks in there’s nothing more comforting than a warming bowl of yummy soup to feed the body and soul. And this pumpkin soup recipe is just scrumptious.
There are millions and millions of recipes for pumpkin soup out there, so why would you consider using this one?
Well, here’s the thing. There are many fancied up versions of pumpkin soup out there. Gourmet ingredients, spices, exotic spins and so many more.
Forget fancy flavours. I don’t want to hear about your nutmeg or special spices. This is the best ever (and easiest) pumpkin soup. Seriously.You don’t need all those frills to make a truly great classic pumpkin soup.
And that’s what this recipe is, a great Gluten Free CLASSIC Pumpkin Soup recipe, a classic version that has everything it needs and nothing it doesn’t.
- 2 tbsp spreadable butter
- 1 medium onion peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled, finely chopped
- 1 medium Pumpkin, peel, scoop out the seeds and strings, cut into chunks
- 1 carrot peeled, roughly sliced
- 3 cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup Cream
- Melt butter in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat.
- Cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes until fragrant stirring occasionally.
- Add Pumpkin chunks and the carrots slices. Give a good stir, cover and cook for 2 more minutes until fragrant
- Add the vegetable stock. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until the vegetable pieces are soft and tender.
- Blend soup to a smooth consistency using an immersion stick blender. Season to taste. Serve with a spoonful of cream.