This Gluten Free Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Bake is a fun spin on the traditional pasta bake but instead of using marinara sauce, I’ve used a red pepper sauce that comes together so quickly and easily with the help of my blender.
I’m all about quick and easy dinners. Don’t get me wrong, sometimes I’m up for a kitchen marathon to make a fancy dinner, but usually I’m more up for a 15 – 30 minute or less kinda deal. Creamy roasted red pepper pasta bake embodies everything a quick family dinner should be. Simple to make and packed with flavour.
Just when I thought red pasta couldn’t get any better, I discovered the magic that is roasted red peppers. Creamy, velvety, savory, and subtly sweet, it makes the perfect flavour companion to this gluten free pasta bake.
The most obvious use for this sauce is as a tomato-free alternative to marinara. It’s nice to change things up once in a while and there are a lot of people who can’t eat tomatoes, so this is a great way to go. You could also leave out the meat and keep in vegetarian if you prefer.
- 6 ounces gluten free fusili pasta
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces lean beef mince
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions and drain well.
- To make the red pepper sauce, combine red peppers, honey and red pepper flakes in the bowl of a your blender or food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add 2 tablespoons olive oil in a slow stream until combined, set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add the mince and cook until browned, about 5 minutes, making sure to crumble the mince as it cooks. Stir in pasta and red pepper mixture until well combined.
- Add pasta to prepared baking dish and top with mozzarella. Place into oven at 400*F/200*C/Gas 6. Bake for 10-15 mins or until cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.