This Gluten Free Quinoa Pizza is much easier and healthier than you can imagine.
Quinoa is the super-star in this recipe! It is rich in thiamine, riboflavin, pyridoxine, folate, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, zinc, fibre, and protein!
Usually making a gluten-free pizza crust is very time-consuming. You need to find a good flour blend, you need to proof your yeast, you need to let your dough rise, then you need to prebake it, and bake it again with your toppings. Time-consuming, messy and lots of room for mistakes.
So why not make this? It’s only 2-ingredients, can be made in your blender, doesn’t require any mixing, proofing or waiting. Just whizz it up, pour it on a baking pan and bake.
While I have made my pizza very plain, there is no end to the possibilities. This quinoa pizza crust is the best gluten free pizza I have ever had. So pile on the toppings if you wish, go wild and have a delicious Gluten Free Quinoa Pizza!
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa, rinsed well.
- 1 cup of water
- Your favourite pizza toppings
- Preheat oven to 425 F/160 C Fan/ Gas 3.
- Blend the listed ingredients in a blender or food processor until a smooth pancake batter consistency is achieved.
- Line a pan with parchment paper and pour the batter onto the pan.
- Spread out the batter using a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, flip the crust over, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread on your sauce and favourite pizza toppings. I used grated mozzarella, sliced mozzarella and some dried parsley.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes until the toppings are cooked