Turn that classic summer salad into a delicious low carb dinner. This Gluten Free Pesto Caprese Chicken is easy and captures all the best flavours of the summer season.
This Gluten Free Pesto Caprese Chicken recipe always impresses! The chicken is covered in pesto, tomatoes and creamy mozzarella. It has delicious flavours and feels like a fancy meal, but only takes minutes to put together with only 4 simple ingredients and one dish. It is perfect for guests but also great for a quick family dinner, and is one of those recipes you make over and over again.
I love easy, and quick-cooking chicken dishes because my family loves chicken, and I don’t want to spend an hour and a half getting dinner together!
Leftovers of Caprese Chicken (if you have any!) might even be the best part. To store leftovers you can place them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to a month. And I promise you. You’ll get some dirty, jealous looks when you walk into the office with this, chicken breasts topped with pesto, fresh tomatoes and melted mozzarella cheese.
Go ahead and just imagine sinking your teeth into all that flavour! Not only is this Gluten Free Pesto Caprese Chicken utterly delicious in every way, it’s naturally low-carb! If you’re not concerned with low-carbness though, you should absolutely try my Gluten Free Caprese Pasta Salad!!! Out. Of. This. World!
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- dash salt
- dash black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C/Gas 4.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat in a baking dish.
- Spread 1 tbsp of pesto evenly on each chicken breast.
- Top with tomato slices followed by the mozzarella cheese. (see pictures above)
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through to an internal temperature of 165˚F
- Serve with a fresh salad.