I am so excited to share this Gluten Free Cheesy Smoked Sausage Pasta with you all.
One pot meals are my favorite, and this one has just topped the list! Smoked sausage, creamy melted cheese, fragrant garlic, onions and tomatoes…all come together in a one pot meal that is sure to please everyone in the family!
The steps for this recipe are quick and easy. Saute your Smoked Sausage with some onion and garlic, then add tomatoes, pasta, cream or milk, chicken stock and seasons then lastly add some cheese and you’re good to go! Nothing smells more fabulous that this dish.
The best part is it takes only about 20 minutes from start to finish.
Here’s my little secret. I use frozen diced onions by the bag and add them to whatever I’m cooking that calls for diced onions — I don’t even thaw them first. It’s such a huge time saver for me, and I always know I have onions on hand.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb Smoked Sausage (make sure its gluten free)
- ½ cup Diced Onion
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- ½ cup Milk or Cream
- 8 oz Gluten free dry Pasta (I used Fusilli)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 2 cup Grated Strong Red Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ tsp of Red Pepper Flakes
- ⅓ cup Chopped Scallions, for garnish
- Place olive oil into your pan over medium heat - add onions and sausage - cook for 5 minutes - add garlic and all seasonings - cook for a further 2 minutes
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes, milk or cream, and pasta - bring mixture to a boil.
- Lower heat and cover for 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Serve and garnish with the scallions.