These Gluten Free Browned Butter Banana Bread Blondies with brown butter frosting are out of control delicious. They are the tastiest banana bars you will ever encounter. I swear.
These bars. Gosh they’re good. So soft and delicious, they almost melt in your mouth. And that sweet frosting is browned butter frosting. Yep, I told you they are amazing. Don’t even ask me how many I ate.!
Banana Bread Blondies with Brown Butter Frosting is seriously one of the best ways you can use up your overripe bananas. I sometimes buy extra bananas just for this purpose. These blondies are easy to make and you don’t need any special ingredients to make them. Just your basic staples.
The browned butter frosting is so amazing. Just make sure when you are making it you don’t burn it. You want the color to be a golden colour.
These blondies are simply heavenly! Make them once and you will make them over and over again!
- For the Blondies:
- ½ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ -2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup Gluten Free Flour
- ½ cup mashed banana (one medium large banana)
- For the Frosting:
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Dash of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar (Icing Sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350*F/180*C/Gas 4 and line 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment (leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished blondies out) set aside.
- To make the blondie batter, in a medium bowl mix together melted butter, sugar and salt.
- Add egg vanilla and cinnamon and mix until well combined.
- Add mashed banana and mix to combine.
- Add flour and mix until combined and smooth.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan, smooth the top and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until center has set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- To make the frosting in a medium sauce pan melt the butter and continue cooking over medium heat until reach nice amber color, stirring constantly(be careful not to burn it).
- Add brown sugar, milk and a dash of salt, stir and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk in vanilla and powdered sugar. Spread over the blondies.
- Allow frosting to set before slicing and serving