This delicious Gluten Free 4 Ingredient Coconut Cake takes just minutes to prepare and it is so simple to make.
I recommend serving this with some raspberry jam and whipped cream for the best tasting combination. If you’re not a fan of coconut, then it’s probably best to give this cake a miss as that’s precisely what this cake is going to taste like.
What is great about this cake is that it is egg free and so easy to make this vegan, just swap the dairy milk for something like soy milk or coconut milk.
If you don’t have any gluten free self-rising flour, then you can easily make some with the addition of baking powder. Just add two teaspoons of baking powder to one cup of gluten free plain flour, just remember to make sure your baking powder is gluten free.
If you would love to see how to make this Gluten Free 4 Ingredient Coconut Cake visually, then be sure to check out the video above.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Tag me on Instagram or Facebook and hashtag it #laurasglutenfreekitchen. I’d love to see! ♥
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup full fat milk or any vegan milk (coconut milk is delicious)
- 1 cup gluten free self-rising flour
- Preheat an oven to 160°C
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and coconut.
- Add the milk and stir until all is combined.
- Pour the mix into a lined cake tin (22cm / 9 in.) and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and serve warm or cold with raspberry jam.