This Gluten Free Chocolate Pound Cake with a chocolate glaze topping makes a decadent dessert any chocolate lover won’t be able to resist!
Rich fluffy moist chocolate cake with that chocolate glaze. Yummilicious! I know what you are thinking… sounds hard to make, right? Nope. This chocolate pound cake takes 15 minutes to whip together, approx 35 minutes in the oven, another 2 minutes to make the glaze, and 1 minute to drizzle the glaze on top.
We all devoured a piece of this cake the day I made it. But if you have the self-control, I beg you to wait a day, as much as I liked it when it was fresh, the texture of this cake on the second day was even better. And honestly, I can’t tell you if it got even better by the third day because there wasn’t any left!
Whether you bake it for your Valentine or share it with your friends and family, I hope you enjoy this Gluten Free Chocolate Pound Cake too!
- FOR THE CAKE
- 170g Spreadable Butter
- 170g Caster sugar
- 130g Gluten Free Self-raising flour
- 40 g Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 3 eggs
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 40g Unsalted Butter or Coconut Oil
- 100g Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4
- Lightly grease and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix in thoroughly.
- Sieve in the flour, baking powder and cocoa and fold it until combined.
- Pour into the loaf tin, spread evenly and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Leave in the tin for 10 minutes before tipping out to cool on a wire rack.
- For the glaze melt, chocolate and butter together in a microwave stirring every 15 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Pour over cake and leave to cool.