These Gluten Free Almond Flour Brownies are thick, fudgy, and have a wonderful almond taste.
When I took the first bite of these brownies, my first thought was I should totally sell these, yes they are that good. These brownies are what all your fudgy brownie dreams are made of.
Now i wont lie, I have failed at so many recipes. Some things have come together pretty easily, and others have been disastrous. With these I just decided to wing it and they came out amazing on the first try. These brownies are, thankfully, in the first group. They were everything I dreamed they could be, fudgy and rich with a crispy exterior and rich chocolatey interior. I absolutely love them. I believe i will be making these countless times in the future.
Almond flour has been better than any gluten free flour I’ve tried for brownies. They get that gorgeous fudgy texture I love so much, I’m not a cakey brownie fan so I love that the flour isn’t empty calories. Instead, it’s just ground almonds!
There are a lot of different brands and blends of almond flour. I recommend using a very finely ground blanched almond flour rather than a coarse grind or almond meal which is made with skins-on almonds. I used a organic blend from my local health food store.
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- ½ cup butter
- 7oz semisweet or bittersweet baking chocolate, divided OR ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Prepare a 8 x 8 square pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350*F/180*C/Gas 4
- Mix together the almond flour, salt, cocoa powder, and baking powder and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, melt together 4 ounces of chocolate or ½ cup chocolate chips with the butter.
- While the chocolate is melting, beat together the eggs, sugar, extracts and coffee granules.
- Slowly pour the melted chocolate and butter into the egg and sugar mixture while whisking until fully incorporated.
- Add the chocolate mixture in with the dry ingredients and mix completely.
- Pour the batter in the pan.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining chocolate and gently press it into the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean. Let these cool completely before cutting in.