Sweet, salty, crunchy and spooky! These Gluten Free Mummy and Ghost Pretzel Bites will be a big hit at your Halloween Party this year.
These gluten free mummy and ghost pretzels fall into the category of quick and easy Halloween treats. They take minutes to make. Plus, messy makes for scarier pretzels, so you don’t need to pipe perfectly, which also makes these a good ”let kids make themselves” Halloween treat.
I love to get creative with each holiday and come up with fun, festive ways to dip pretzels. They’re so easy to make and I love that they usually only require a few ingredients. Get your kids involved and let them help, it makes the process go really fast and it’s such a fun activity.
- Gluten Free mini pretzels
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips or candy melts, divided
- ½ tsp coconut oil (or shortening)
- candy eyeballs or chocolate chips
- Place ½ cup white chocolate chips in a glass bowl along with ½ tsp coconut oil. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Let sit in the microwave for an additional minute. Stir gently, then return to the microwave for 15 seconds, if needed.
- Place remaining ¼ cup white chocolate chips in a small baggie. Microwave for 45 seconds, or until warm and soft.
- Dip each pretzel into the bowl of white chocolate, gently tapping the edge of the bowl to release excess chocolate.
- Lay the covered pretzel down on a piece of wax paper.
- Place candy eyeballs or chocolate chips into the top 2 cavities in the pretzel. Let cool until solid.
- For the mummies,take the baggie of white chocolate and snip the corner. Pipe white chocolate onto the top of each coated pretzel in lines, criss-crossing the entire “face” going around each eye. Let cool until solid.
- Repeat the process until you have the desired amount of mummy pretzels, re-heating up the chocolate as necessary. Store in an airtight container to save.