Got a picky eater? These kid favorite muffins are 100% Gluten free, refined-sugar-free, and packed with fresh spinach!
This recipe for Gluten Free Spinach Banana Muffins is healthy, delicious and easy! My son love them because they’re green, I call them Hulk muffins and he thinks they’re the coolest things ever.
I know most of you might be a tad afraid of the mean green color of these muffins. I’m here to tell you there’s nothing to be afraid of, these spinach muffins are tender, sweet, and delicious, just the way muffins should be.
These muffins may not be the most photogenic, but they taste great and are packed full of goodness. These muffins are gluten-free, and refined-sugar free! They taste like a green smoothie but in muffin form.
In case any of you are wondering which blender I use, I use the Bosch Food Processor and I love it!
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cup gluten free self raising flour
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup honey
- 1 large banana
- 6 ounce spinach
- ½ cup butter, unsalted and melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C/Gas 4
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend the wet ingredients in a blender or food processor until completely pureed.
- Pour the puree into the dry ingredient bowl, and fold together gently until just combined. (Do not over-mix.)
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan, and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the muffins are firm to the touch on top, but not quite browning.
- Cool all of the way before serving.