Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Apple Bread starts with a soft buttery base and loads of fresh apples layered throughout with a brown cinnamon sugar. It’s all topped off with sweet cinnamon sugar topping for the perfect apple pie inspired slice.
This Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Apple Bread smells and tastes just like apple pie in a moist and fluffy slice, the perfect accompaniment to your morning coffee or the perfect end to your day with a little bit of vanilla ice cream!
You guys are all in love with my bread recipes. It all started with my Banana Bread. I love making bread with banana but its time to start changing things around, so now it is about time I post this Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Apple Bread.
All you need is a 2LB loaf pan to bake it in and it only takes 10 minutes to prepare and 50 minutes to bake. Everyone will think you are an expert baker though, provided you follow the instructions as written!
The scent in my house was heavenly while this was baking, as you can imagine. I loved the texture change that came from dicing the apples as opposed to shredding them as a lot of recipes call for. It is also perfect to have a slice when it’s warm out of the oven!
Remember if you make this recipe, I would love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #laurasglutenfreekitchen
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup spreadable butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups gluten-free self-raising flour (I use Doves Farm)
- ½ cup milk
- 2 medium sized apples, peeled and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F/180F/Gas 4.
- Line and grease a 2lb loaf pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the caster sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue to mix until combined.
- Add the flour, then the milk and mix until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.
- Cover with half of the apples.
- Pat apples into the batter with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with half of the brown cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter over the apple layer, then top with remaining apples and add more brown cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pat topping into the batter with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.