Watch the video showing you how to make Gluten Free Maple Bacon & Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies, then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the full recipe to make these at home.
I know what your thinking. “Has she gone completely insane??” Well, it’s highly possible. But I gotta tell you, these cookies are fantastic! Chocolate and bacon is a very under appreciated combination but these Gluten Free Maple Bacon & Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect mix of salty and sweet.
Putting bacon into sweet things has become quite trendy, and you’ll find a number of bacon cookie recipes out there. I even saw one that calls for using 1/2 cup of bacon grease in the cookie, that seems like a little too much bacon for me, but what do I know?
You really should try these. I promise they do not taste like pork. There is just enough of the bacon to add a really pleasant salty, rich flavour to help balance out the sweetness of the cookies. I did not add salt to the cookie dough as there is just enough saltiness that comes from the bacon.
You will also be needing my recipe for Maple Candied Bacon if you want to try these.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2½ cups gluten free plain flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup maple candied bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C/Gas 4 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt your butter.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add egg + egg yolk. Stir well.
- Gradually stir the flour until completely combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chopped maple bacon
- Scoop dough into 2 Tbsp-sized balls.
- Place at least 2 inches apart on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes (cookies will still seem slightly underdone -- this is fine and helps make them nice and chewy, they will continue to cook on the cookie sheet as they cool.