You absolutely must try Maple Candied Bacon. It’s bacon that is caramelized, crispy and sweet. It’s my newest obsession. Watch the video showing you how to make Candied Bacon, then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the full recipe to make at home.
Maple Candied Bacon aka Pig Candy aka Bacon Candy aka Million Dollar Bacon aka the Best Bacon EVER! Yes, there are a lot of names for this bacon. This easy maple candied bacon is baked in the oven with a topping of brown sugar and maple syrup and comes out sticky, sweet & savoury. It is absolutely delicious!
One of the things that’s great about this recipe is how easy it is, so you don’t have to be a whiz in the kitchen for this one. Enjoy this bacon on pancakes, waffles or even just serve it with eggs and toast, but just be sure to save a few strips for my next recipe, Maple Bacon Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies! Yeah, I know. Just when you thought candied bacon was the ultimate treat I had to up the game.
This Maple Candied Bacon Recipe has the best of sweet and salty. Candied bacon will change your life! It is that good. So if you’re going to enjoy some bacon, why not do it big? 😋
- 1 pound Streaky Bacon
- ¼ Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F/150°C/Gas 3
- Place a metal rack on top of a lined baking sheet. Spray rack with nonstick spray.
- Mix maple syrup and brown sugar in a dish large enough to hold bacon slices.
- One slice at a time, coat bacon evenly with mixture on both sides. Lay slices flat on top of prepared rack.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Pay close attention the last 5 minutes to prevent burning.
- The bacon will firm up as it cools.