This easy Gluten Free Ground Beef Stroganoff features ground beef and tender mushrooms cooked in a rich silky sauce. It’s quick and delicious, making it the perfect weeknight meal!
Ground beef stroganoff is one of those comforting meals that is quick and easy to make, plus it can feed your whole family with a short list of ingredients! How about a hearty meal of beef stroganoff in less than 40 minutes? Count me in, this is perfect for a busy weeknight!
This easy stroganoff recipe is made from scratch with fresh ingredients (and without cream of mushroom soup). I love dishes that come together so quickly.
This recipe can be slightly tweaked based on the ingredients you have on hand. I find ground beef gives the best flavor but you can certainly substitute another type of ground meat such as ground turkey or pork. Of course fresh mushrooms are best and while this recipe calls for crimini mushrooms, I’ve used a combination of white or portobello all with great results.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsps paprika
- 4 cups beef broth or beef stock
- 8 oz gluten free fusilli pasta
- ½ cup sour cream
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat in a pot or large skillet.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then remove from the pot into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the same pot.
- Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until translucent, 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30-60 seconds.
- Add the ground beef and continue to cook, breaking up the beef with a spoon as it cooks, until it is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the paprika over the top and stir to combine.
- Pour in the beef broth or stock then the pasta. Bring to a light boil then cover the pot. Continue to cook, stirring often, until the pasta is al dente, 17-20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the mushrooms and sour cream.