Amazing, easy Bacon Wrapped Cheese and Pesto Stuffed Chicken dinner. Chicken breast stuffed with pesto and cheese, wrapped in bacon, then baked. This dish is packed with lots of wonderful flavors.
It doesn’t get any better than Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast stuffed with Pesto and Cheese! This is an easy breezy meal that can be whipped up in no time at all and will no doubt become one of your most requested recipes.
You can either make your own Pesto or a delicious store-bought version could be used if you are short on time and ingredients.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 oz mozzarella or chedder cheese, grated
- basil pesto
- Slices of raw streaky bacon
- Preheat oven to 350*F/180*C/Gas mark 4. Spray a large enough oven dish with cooking oil and line with parchment paper.
- Butterfly your chicken breasts by cutting through the side, not all the way through.
- Spread a generous layer of pesto over each breast and top with the cheese.
- Use 4 slices of Bacon per Chicken Fillet by wrapping each piece around the Chicken until it is completely wrapped - use toothpicks to keep the Bacon securely in place.
- Place the Bacon wrapped filled Chicken on the prepared baking dish, bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until done.
- If the Bacon is not as crispy as you like, switch the oven's top element on and grill the Chicken to your preference.
- Serve with fries, roasted vegetables, salad, mashed potato or rice.