This easy recipe for homemade Paleo Chocolates makes delicious dark chocolate that melts in your mouth with only three ingredients! It’s perfect to use as a Paleo-friendly or a refined sugar-free alternative.
I’m super excited to be sharing this post with you today, because it’s such an easy recipe that creates the most delicious, melt in your mouth chocolate. You can snack on it when you need to fix a chocolate craving.
This seriously tastes like delicious dark chocolate, but there’s the benefit of knowing exactly what went into it. You can adjust the honey or cocoa amounts to make it darker or sweeter to suit your tastes.
I’m not claiming to be a health expert, but here are some health benefits of the ingredients.
Cacao powder: this is not the same as cocoa powder. Cacao is full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
Coconut oil: strengthens immune system, helps prevent wrinkles, improves bone health, rich in lauric acid that helps maintain blood sugar and cholesterol levels, and helps heal infections.
Honey: alleviates allergies, cough suppressant, and is a sleep aid.
- ¾ cup Coconut oil
- ¾ cup Raw Cacao powder
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract or Peppermint Extract (optional)
- Melt coconut oil in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water over medium-low heat.
- Stir cocoa powder, maple syrup or honey, and if using, vanilla or peppermint extract, into the melted coconut oil until completely smooth.
- Pour liquid into some chocolate molds. Chill in refrigerator until solid.
- Store at cool room temperature or in the refrigerator.