Gluten Fee Chocolate Snowball Cookies are a buttery melt in your mouth chocolate cookie sprinkled with powdered sugar. This is a delicious holiday classic cookie that you need to put on your baking list!
Ho ho ho! It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!
These cookies are a perfect snowball cookie. They bake to perfection and literally melt in your mouth… just the way a snowball cookie should!
This classic Christmas cookie recipe is perfect for the holidays (or any time of year). You can freeze them, take them to parties, gift them. Or eat them all, I won’t judge. Promise!!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar/Icing sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⅓ cups gluten free self raising flour
- extra powdered sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas 5.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix butter the ½ cup powdered sugar and cocoa, with a stand mixer until fluffy.
- Add the flour and mix until the dough comes together. Add milk if the dough is too dry.
- Chill dough for approximately 1 hour or until you can work it easily with your hands.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon balls of dough and place them on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 7-10 minutes until bottoms are just slightly brown and the tops are no longer glossy.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes, or until you can handle them.
- Fill a small bowl with 1 cup powdered sugar and roll each cookie in the sugar until coated.
Enjoyed this Christmas Cookie recipe?? Then you should definitely try these next.