People now days make cobblers as pies or with biscuit crusts topped full of fruit. I do like a good cobbler that way but you also cant beat the way they made it years ago. Its kinda made with a pancake batter with a bit of the fruit on top.
I know the are called Cobblers but spell it with a G and its a Gobbler. It suits it so well, and that is what I call them.
In this old fashioned Blueberry cobbler recipe i just love the way the blueberries explode when they cook.
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour
- 55g Melted butter, plus more to grease
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Brown sugar
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- Ice cream, Custard, or cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 350*F/180*C/Gas mark 4
- Grease your dish with the butter.
- Whisk sugar with the flour and milk.
- Whisk in the butter.
- Pour the batter into the dish.
- Sprinkle over the blueberries then the brown sugar.
- Bake till golden brown, approx 1 hour.