Gluten Free Strawberry and Cream Sponge Cake
This is one of my favorite cakes, its always refreshing any time of the year. Always a winner as a desert and at party's
Author: Laura Blaine
- 225g Butter
- 225g Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- ½tsp Pure Almond Extract
- 225g Gluten free Self raising flour
- Topping and fillings:
- 400g Fresh cream
- 60g Powdered Sugar
- ½tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 180*C fan.
- Prepare two sandwich tins with parchment paper.
- Mix Butter and sugar together until nice and Fluffy.
- Add the eggs and almond extract and mix well
- Fold in the flour Until all combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly between the two tins and bake for approx 30 minutes or until golden and a skewer poked in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile Prepare topping by whipping cream with vanilla and powdered sugar.
- When cream is whipped slice strawberries.
- Spread cream on the top of one cake, add strawberries on top of that and then the other cake onto that.
- Add more cream as desired and more strawberries.