You can’t beat a classic like oatmeal cookies. Especially these Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies, they are soft and chewy and completely irresistible. Keep them plain and simple, or mix it up with additions like chocolate chips, walnuts, or raisins.
I have baked dozens of batches of Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies. I had a couple close successes, a few failures, and then I pulled these out of the oven. I wasted no time grabbing a glass of milk and dunking one of these.
The only appropriate way to flavour these cookies is with a generous amount of cinnamon. That’s what sets these cookies apart from other boring oatmeal cookies. A punch of fragrant cinnamon does wonders for a warm oatmeal cookie.
These cookies bake to the perfect thickness and have a nice balance between a chewy center and a slightly crispy crust. I know I’ve said it a thousand times, but that’s just the way I like my cookies. Bake them a little longer for a crispier cookie or a little less for a gooier cookie.
If you’ve tried these Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies or any other recipe on the blog, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how yours turned out in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more of what I’m cooking in my gluten free kitchen.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2½ cups Gluten Free old-fashioned rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4.
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each. Add vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon and oats. Add to butter mixture a little between each mix. Fold until combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared pan, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until edges just begin to turn golden, about 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoyed these Oatmeal Cookies? Then I know you will love these!
Helpful Equipment you may wish to buy for this Recipe