These Apple Crumble Cake Bars are amazing
Today i got my electric mixer. I could not wait to get using it so i decided to make something different.
I just made a simple sponge traybake recipe and changed some of the ingredients to make it into an apple cake then i made a crumble over the top.
- 8oz/225g Soft Margarine
- 7oz/215g Caster Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Apple Juice
- 12oz/300g Gluten free Self Raising Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cooking Apple, (peeled and chopped)
- Half tsp Cinnamon
- For the topping:
- 1 Cooking Apple, (peeled and sliced)
- 6oz/180g Gluten free flour
- 2oz/50g Caster Sugar
- 3oz/65g Butter
- pinch cinnamon
- Brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/Gas 4.
- Prepare a brownie tin with parchment paper
- Mix the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and the apple juice.
- Add the flour and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the chopped apple.
- Pour mixture into the tin and bake for 5-7 minutes. It will not be cooked this step is just to create a slight sticky sheet at the top so the apple crumble mix will not sink.
- While you are waiting make the crumble mix by mixing the butter, sugar, cinnamon and flour together using your fingers till it looks like bread crumbs.
- Take the cake out of the oven and place the sliced apples over the top of it then sprinkle the crumble mix over the top.
- Sprinkle some brown sugar over this if desired.