This Gluten Free Mashed Potato Pancakes Recipe is the best way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
As it is almost Pancake Tuesday, I decided to post this savoury pancake recipe and a sweet pancake recipe which I will post soon. I will not be telling you what it is though, Its a surprise, but I will let you know it contains chocolate and lots of it.
Gluten Free Mashed Potato Pancakes are quick and easy to make and have the simplest ingredients. Sometimes the best recipes are the simplest and YES, it is totally worth making mashed potatoes just to have these Gluten Free Mashed Potato Pancakes!
If you make this recipe, I would love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #laurasglutenfreekitchen
- 2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup gluten free flour
- extra ½ cup gluten free flour to coat
- salt and pepper to taste
- chives or spring onions/scallions I used spring onions
- oil for frying
- sour cream and extra chives or spring onions/scallions to serve
- Mix together the mashed potatoes, egg, flour, spring onions and the salt and pepper.
- Roll into balls then flatten it into a pancake about a ½-inch-thick.
- Place the ½ cup of flour in a shallow dish and cover each pancake in the flour.
- Heat 3 to 4 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the pancakes, in batches, until they're golden brown and crispy on both sides, approx 3 to 4 minutes. Add more oil to the pan as needed between batches. (Do not overcrowd the pan and do not flip the pancakes too soon or they won't develop a crisp crust.) Transfer the pancakes to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve them topped with sour cream and garnished with additional chopped chives or spring onions.