These Gluten Free Cream Cheese Mints are the best you will ever try! This incredibly easy recipe is the most delicious, luscious, melt-in-your-mouth mints around! Make them in any colour you like! I choose Blue and Green and left some without colour for white.
These cream cheese mints are perfect for Valentines, St Patrick’s Day. Easter, Christmas, Birthdays, baby showers, weddings, and just parties in general. They’re so easy to make and since you can make them ahead of time…well, that is even better!!
Roll the balls into icing then flatten with the tines of a fork. Or flatten the balls with the bottom of a glass dipped in powdered sugar. Or even a shot glass. That would work great.
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, full fat, softened
- ¼ cup softened
- 2 lbs/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 tsp peppermint extract
- food colouring
- ½ cup powdered sugar for rolling mints
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a stand mixer and mix until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add the peppermint extract and mix until combined.
- Gradually, add the remaining powdered sugar until smooth and consistent.
- Separate the mixture into three separate bowls, or however many different colors you want.
- Add a small amount of food colour to each bowl and stir in until the colour is combined through.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Line 2 quarter cookie sheets with parchment paper and liberally dust with powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Pinch off small amounts of the dough and form into a 1-inch balls.
- Roll each ball in powdered sugar and place on prepared sheet pans.
- Gently press the balls with a fork into the top of each ball.
- Let stand, uncovered, for at least 4 hours or until the mints are firm. If the bottoms have any moisture, flip over and let stand again until the bottoms of the mints are also firm.
- Store in an airtight container, separating layers with parchment or waxed paper, for up to 2 weeks at room temperature.
- Mints can be refrigerated or frozen if desired.