Creamy and crunchy tuna salad already makes for a filling dish. Imagine how much better it would be on a slice of bread! Now you can transform a simple lunch into an open-faced melt smothered in gooey cheddar cheese.
It’s ooey-gooey and packed full of delicious flavor, and perfect for the nights when you just want to put something on the table super quick or for that lunch date with your friends.
Grab your knife and fork to eat this one, because it’s open faced it’s easier to eat that way. Or, I guess you could fold the whole thing in half and eat it old-school style. But, I’d make sure you have a napkin or two if you do that.
- 2 - 4 Slices of Gluten Free Bread, Use sour dough if you can find it.
- 2 tbsp soft butter
- 6.5 oz jar of oil-packed tuna, drained
- ¼ Cup green onion, Chopped
- ¼ Cup of Sweet Corn
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper, Optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise, or more to taste
- about ⅓ cup shredded or crumbled fresh mozzarella
- ¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a Medium sized bowl mix the tuna, corn, onions, mozzarella cheese and mayonnaise together, Mix until combined.
- Add salt, pepper, and cayenne and mix until well combined. Leave to one side.
- Preheat you grill/Broiler to a medium heat.
- Line a baking tray with foil.
- Toast your bread on both sides and butter as you would with a slice of toast. Place on the baking tray.
- Add your tuna mixture on top of your toast, making sure it is coated right to the crusts in case of burning.
- Add a decent amount of the sharp cheddar on top of the tuna.
- Place under the grill/broiler until cheese is melted to your liking.
- Serve Immediately.