This dish is so fantastic and its a very unique dish. You get that yummy orangey stickiness on your chicken and a great lemony sing with your rocket potato salad which goes great together.
Now i admit that this dish is not something i would ever make at home. I found the recipe in a Good To Know recipe Magazine and thought it sounded tasty so i thought i would give it a try.It was yummy and i believe i will be trying more recipes like it. When it comes to dinner in my house i like things to be easy so i do not usually try making things from scratch. I know i can make things from scratch i am just lazy. Hehe… I like a lot of the effort to come out of a jar.
Okay back to this recipe… Now this recipe does contain Balsamic Vinegar which a lot of you will probably be asking is it gluten free. The answer is Yes it is gluten free. The only vinegar us Celiacs should watch out for is malt vinegar as this is made from Barley. Just check the ingredients just to be sure there is no added wheat. If there is no wheat added it is absolutely fine for you.
- 600g of Baby or Salad Potatoes
- 1tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 200g of Rocket leaves, Chopped
- 1tbsp fresh Dill, Chopped
- A small handful of fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 120g Orange Marmalade
- 1tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 600g Chicken Fillets
- Add the potatoes to a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook for approximately 15 minutes until tender.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the potatoes and toss them about until coated.
- Add the rocket, dill and the parsley then toss them about gently to combine.
- Heat a grill pan or a good non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat.
- Whisk together the marmalade, vinegar and the remaining olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper then add in the chicken, turning the make sure its all coated in the marmalade mixture.
- Cook the chicken for five to 10 minutes per side, basting with the marinade, until cooked through.
- Serve warm with the rocket potato salad.