Sometimes you want a breakfast that’s not only tasty and easily prepared, you want one that looks pretty, too. This is that breakfast, Gluten Free Bell Pepper Egg In a Hole. It takes as long to cook it, as it does to fry up an egg.
I saw this idea on Pinterest and just had to try it. It’s the simplest recipe, you fry eggs, but you fry them inside bell peppers which makes for a pretty presentation and is also very tasty, as the bell peppers become soft and slightly caramelized.
Gluten Free Bell Pepper Egg In a Hole
Sometimes you want a breakfast that’s not only tasty and easily prepared, you want one that looks pretty, too.
Author: Laura Blaine
Serves: Serves 1-2
- Pepper of your choice
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Olive Oil for frying
- Chopped spring onion for garnishing
- In a large Non Stick Frying Pan, heat olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Cut the peppers into ½” rings and remove the seeds and centers. Place sliced peppers into the pan and let them saute for a minute.
- Crack an egg into the center of each pepper slice. Start by pouring the egg in slowly, it prevents the egg from leaking and forms a nice seal.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over each egg. Saute for 3 minutes, then flip it over carefully.
- Top with the spring onions.
- If you want your yolks to be hard, cook for another minute.
- Serve with gluten free bread or toast.