This cake really is a must try. I mean it, it is amazing.Its full of orangery goodness. Its made using orange zest and marmalade which gives it that great orange zing.
You can keep this cake plain or decorate it with a glace icing, sprinkle with icing sugar, or if you want it very orangery cover it with more marmalade.
As you can see i decided to drizzle mine with chocolate then i changed my mind and decided to cover the whole thing in chocolate. It tasted like a Giant gluten free Jaffa Cake. Am not kidding.
I hope you all try this Marmalade cake. It is so good and will most likely become a big hit here in my house as we all love it. Really i made it before dinner and we spoiled our dinner. We could not eat it because we ate too much of this cake. Ooops!!
I made my chocolate glaze by just melting 50g of dark chocolate with 100g of milk chocolate and a teaspoon of Coconut Oil. The coconut oil keeps the chocolate glossy. It will harden but it will keep that glossy look.
- 100g/4oz Butter
- 100g/4oz Sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp Marmalade
- 1-2 tsp Orange zest
- 200g/8oz Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour flour
- 1tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Gluten free Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/Gas mark 4.
- Grease or line a 8in round cake pan with parchment.
- In a bowl mix the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Add the egg to the mixture until combined.
- Stir the orange zest and marmalade into the cake batter.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl, then fold it into the mixture.
- Stir in the milk until all is mixed well.
- Spread the cake batter evenly into your prepared cake tin, and bake for around 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool in the tin for atleast 10 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Leave plain or sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Why not drizzle it in melted chocolate.
- Or smother it in chocolate for a Jaffa Cake goodness.