These Gluten Free Blueberry and Orange Madeira Squares are AMAZING! They melt in your mouth as they are so moist and full of refreshing Orange flavour.
My son could not get enough of these squares. He hates blueberries but loved them.
He is a bit like myself, am not very fond of blueberries but in a dessert or a cake, they are great and dangerously yummy.
I made them in a square pan and sliced them into squares. You can also make it in a round cake tin. These squares are great just the way they are but I have sprinkled mine with icing sugar but they are also amazing with a glace icing drizzled over them.
- 250g Butter
- 150g Caster Sugar
- Zest and Juice of 1 Orange
- 2 Eggs
- 250g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- 125g of Blueberries
- Icing Sugar for Dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180*C/160*C Fan/Gas 4.
- Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the orange juice and zest.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add a little of the flour if the mixture starts to curdle.
- Lightly fold in the flour along with the blueberries.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar and store in an airtight container.