These Gluten Free Bacon Wrapped Sweet Pepper Poppers are the perfect appetizers for parties and family gatherings. Ready in 30 minutes this oven-baked party food is easy to make and tastes amazing!
Do you love jalapeño poppers, but notice that the heat level can be unpredictable? Well, these are much the same but without the heat. By swapping out the jalapeño pepper use sweet snack peppers for a sweet taste instead of spicy.
They have almost the exact same shape as a jalapeño pepper, just with a sweet flavour instead of a spicy flavour. Then if you stuff them with cream cheese and wrap them in bacon, oh man! I love that that the garlic and chive cream cheese adds all kinds of flavour to these as well. Not to mention the fact that there are only 4 ingredients in these little nuggets of deliciousness makes them a breeze to whip up.
Once you master the recipe, it’s really up to you to channel your inner executive chef and make these your own. You can change up the cheeses, add some spices, change the herbs – it’s all up to you. I loved the combination of the garlic and herb cream cheese with the grated mozzarella.
- 12 sweet mini snack peppers
- 4 oz/125g garlic & chive cream cheese
- 4 oz/125g grated mozzarella
- 12 slices streaky bacon
- 12 wooden picks
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Cut a slit lengthwise from the top to the bottom of each pepper.
- Mix cream cheese and mozzarella in a small bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture into each pepper evenly into opening.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each pepper; secure with a wooden pick then placing them on a well-lined baking tray.
- Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until bacon is cooked and peppers soften.
- Remove from the oven and remove wooden picks and serve.