These Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Funfetti Cookies are awesome in every way. They are easy to make and perfect for a party!
Usually Funfetti Cookies do not have chocolate chips added but typically, I like my cookies with lots of chocolate. This is probably not surprising to you if you’ve been following Laura’s Gluten Free Kitchen for a while. I should probably have a category for just chocolate recipes.
Is there anything more fun and delicious than sprinkles and chocolate chips in a cookie?! I think not!
It’s been on my bucket list to come up with a softbatch style sugar cookie recipe that’s soft, and not at all cakey, with just hints of chewiness around the edges.
These Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Funfetti Cookies are made without a mixer. The melted butter makes it easy to mix everything by hand. Of course, there is a catch, you will need to chill them for thirty minutes before popping them in the oven. I promise you, it’s worth the wait.
Don’t overbake. The cookies will look quite raw and underdone at 12 minutes, but they firm up while they cool. Don’t be tempted to bake them longer because they’re not meant to be browned, golden, or crisp. They’re meant to be white and soft.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1⅔ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups Gluten Free plain flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp sprinkles
- 2 tbsp colored nonpareils
- In a large microwave safe bowl, place your butter.
- Microwave for 15-second increments until butter is completely melted (allow it to cool for a few minutes)
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet, until completely combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips, sprinkles and nonpareils.
- Transfer bowl of dough to refrigerator and allow to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C/Gas 4 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Once dough has chilled, scoop into 2 Tbsp-sized balls.
- Place at least 2 inches apart on cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes (cookies will still seem slightly underdone -- this is fine and helps make them nice and chewy, they will continue to cook on the cookie sheet as they cool.
- Allow cookies to cool completely on cookie sheet before enjoying.