If you’re looking for a healthy and simple snack, try these No Bake Energy Bites. They taste like a yummy no bake cookie, are fun to make, and most importantly – they are kid approved! My wee boy loves them.
I used instant oats in this because i wanted to keep things nice and smooth as my son is very picky when it comes to different textures. U can use rolled oats if you want more of a bite.
Whats great about these is there are so many different variations you can try with energy bites, swap the chocolate chips for raisins or dried cranberries if you prefer but Duh…. Chocolate…!! Who does not want that in their energy bites?
I cant wait to experiment with these. I will be sharing them with you all of course.
Do not forget to post a picture of your experiments to my Facebook page by clicking HERE. I love to see what you all get up to in your Gluten Free Kitchens
- 1 cup Gluten free Oats (I used Instant oats)
- ⅔ cup Desiccated Coconut
- ½ cup Peanut Butter (Try use Organic)
- ½ cup Ground Flax Seed
- ½ cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- ⅓ cup Honey or Agave Nectar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Roll into balls (whatever size you would like) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Chill for approximately 1 hour in the refrigerator.