Chilli and Chocolate, I know what a combination, Right? With these Gluten Free Chilli and Chocolate Brownies, I just used a simple chocolate brownie recipe and added 2 teaspoons of chilli powder to give them a chilli kick that works amazingly well together.
When biting into one of these brownies you will get a delicious chocolate brownie taste followed by that spiciness of the chilli. Add more chilli if you want a real spicy brownie or add less if you don’t like chilli all that much, or don’t add any for a simple yet delicious brownie.
To serve sprinkle with icing sugar or my favourite, heat them up and serve with vanilla ice cream and sliced strawberries.
- 225g Butter
- 100g Cocoa Powder
- 4 Eggs
- 300g Caster Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 150g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Chilli Powder
- Preheat oven to 180*C/160*C fan/gas mark 4.Grease a 4cm deep rectangular tin 28cm x 19cm, and line with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a small pan. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa. leave to cool for 10 mins.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract together in a large bowl until pale and foamy.
- Stir in the cocoa mixture, flour, baking soda and chilli powder. Pour mix into the tin. Bake for 35 mins or until top is firm and centre is still soft.
- Cool for 10 mins and then turn out onto a cooling wire. When cold cut into squares.