These Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Blondies are one of the easiest treats you will ever make!
The Snickerdoodle is a very common cookie in the United States and Canada, but is relatively unknown in other countries.
I don’t tend to be very picky when it comes to any kind of cookie, but snickerdoodles are right up there in my top favorite cookies! It’s hard not to love a soft buttery cookie coated in cinnamon and sugar. Right?
Moist and chewy centers with a crunchy veneer of cinnamon sugar. Sweet but nicely spiced. In other words? Snickerdoodlicious!
If I’m being honest, I think I actually prefer these over regular snickerdoodle cookies! Since I used melted butter in these blondies, you don’t even need a mixer to make them. As much as I love my stand mixer, sometimes I’m not in the mood to have to use it and clean up afterwards. Yup.. I am lazy..!
I promise you the whole family will go bonkers for these!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/ ½ cups gluten free plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 and ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.180°C/Gas 4.
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper, making sure to leave some overhang for easy removal, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until fully combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the pan and spread it out evenly.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle it evenly over the mixture in the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan. Cut into sqaures and enjoy.