These Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies are made with no flour, oil, or butter. They are perfectly chewy, full of chocolate, and downright addicting, and they beat your favorite chocolate chip cookie by a mile!
These are soooo good, plus they are flourless for all of my gluten-free pals out there!
I am blown away by these cookies. 1 bowl, 5 ingredients, 8 minutes in the oven. There’s no need for multiple bowls, bringing butter to room temperature, chilling anything before baking, or any other hassles, for that matter.
You can use any kind of almond butter you like in these cookies, store-bought or homemade. I’m going to try these with cinnamon next time! You could also use a different kind of nut butter, including peanut.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond butter, crunchy or smooth, i used crunchy
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C/Gas mark 4
- Crack the egg into a medium bowl and beat it lightly. Add in the almond butter, baking soda, and sugar and mix everything together well.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet using a tablespoon . Space the cookies well apart, and flatten them slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Don't overbake these, the cookies will look underdone, but they will firm up as they cool.
- Let them cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer them carefully to a cooling rack.