I saw this idea on Pinterest and just had to try it. It’s the simplest recipe, you fry eggs, but you fry them inside bell peppers which makes for a pretty presentation and is also very tasty, as the bell peppers become soft and slightly caramelized.
Sometimes you want a breakfast that’s not only tasty and easily prepared, you want one that looks pretty, too. This is that breakfast. It takes as long to cook it, as it does to fry up an egg.
- Pepper of your choice
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Olive Oil for frying
- Chopped spring onion for garnishing
- In a large Non Stick Frying Pan, heat olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Cut the peppers into ½” rings and remove the seeds and centers. Place sliced peppers into the pan and let them saute for a minute.
- Crack an egg into the center of each pepper slice. Start by pouring the egg in slowly, it prevents the egg from leaking and forms a nice seal.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over each egg. Saute for 3 minutes, then flip it over carefully.
- Top with the spring onions.
- If you want your yolks to be hard, cook for another minute.
- Serve with gluten free bread or toast.