Gluten free Cherry Cake is an old fashioned tea time treat.
This cake looks great served the way it is but I like to drizzle mine with a Delicious glace icing and glace cherry halves.
This recipe is a win-win for me. Serve it to your guests with tea or coffee. Or just sit back and enjoy it on your own or with the family.
Gluten free Cherry Cake
Serve it to your guests with tea or coffee. Or just sit back and enjoy it on your own or with the family.
Author: Laura Blaine
- 125g Glace Cherries, Halved
- 200g Gluten free Self Raising Flour
- 125g Butter
- 125g Caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- Glace icing:
- 150g icing sugar sieved
- 1-2 tbsp warm water
- Handfull of cherries halved
- Preheat oven to 165*C Fan or 350*F. Prepare your 1lb loaf tin.
- Put the flour in a bowl and add the cherries to it, mixing them until they are all well coated.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the eggs and beat them in well, 1 at a time.
- Add the flour and cherries and stir gently.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin. Bake for 30 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 145*C fan or 325*F and bake for a further 45 minutes, or until the cake is risen, golden and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes in its tin, then turn out and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Glace icing:
- For the Glace icing mix the sieved icing sugar with 1tbsp of warm water, Mix well.
- If its too thick add the other tbsp. Beat well. It should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Drizzle the glace icing over the cake, as much as you like and stick a few cherry halves were you like.
- Slice now and serve or you can wait til the glace hardens. Enjoy