These cinnamon swirls are really just pie pastry with a cinnamon sugar swirled trough them. These are so good with a cuppa or just on their own. We all love that sweet cinnamon sugar taste.
Gluten free Cinnamon Swirls
These cinnamon swirls are really just pie pastry with a cinnamon sugar swirled trough them.
Author: Laura Blaine
- 250g Gluten free flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 10g/1/4oz gluten free Yeast
- 4tbsp butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2oz Lukewarm milk
- 2bsp Maple syrup for glazing
- 4tbsp butter, Softened
- 2tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 50g soft light brown sugar
- Sift Flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir in the yeast. Rub in the butter with your finger tips until mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and milk and mix until mix forms a dough.
- Form the dough into a ball, Place in a greased bowl, cover and leave in a warm place for 40 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 190*C/375*F/Gas mark 5.
- Lightly knock back the dough for 1 minute, then roll out to a rectangle measuring 30 x 23 cm/ 12 x 9 inches.
- To make the filling, cream together the butter, cinnamon and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Spread the filling evenly over the dough.
- Roll up the dough from one off the long edges, and press down to seal.
- Cut the roll into slices. Place them cut-side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake the buns in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until well rise. Brush with the maple syrup and leave to cool slightly before serving.