So simple. Yet, so delicious! Chicken Pesto Pasta is chicken and a gluten free pasta in a basil pesto sauce.
This is one of those recipes that’s great for a busy weeknight. You only need a handful of ingredients to make it. It’s ready in under 20 minutes. And, it’s so, so good! Just sauté some chunks of chicken breast with a little seasoning. Add prepared basil pesto and cooked gluten free pasta. And, that’s it. You’re done!
This dish is also very versatile. Don’t like chicken? No problem, leave it out! Love tomatoes? Add more! You could even throw in some fresh chopped tomatoes with the sun-dried tomatoes just to create a flavorful tomatoey party in your mouth. You like your pasta on the extra saucy side? Then add more pesto!
- 10 oz. Gluten Free Fusilli or Penne Pasta
- Olive Oil
- 1tsp Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts, chopped into bite sized chunks
- ⅓ cup Sun-dried Tomatoes in olive oil
- ½ cup Homemade or prepared Pesto
- Parmesan for serving (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat the grill to medium-high heat. Brush olive oil on both sides of the chicken. Season with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Grill the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Drain the oil from the sun dried tomatoes and chop into smaller pieces if you prefer.
- Place empty pot used for pasta back on the stove at medium heat. Add sun dried tomatoes to the pan and saute for a few minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the pesto. Stir until incorporated.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and sliced chicken.
- Serve and top with finely grated parmesan cheese. Optional.