This Gluten Free Banoffee Pie is another no bake, flourless and eggless dessert! A combination of sweet and sticky topped with freshly whipped cream.
Banoffee pie is an English dessert that has been around for years! I actually learned about this yummy desert from my Mom! She has been making it for years.
It is really easy to make, no baking required! Just use a tin of caramel from the Carnation brand or if you can not get a hold of that then just make dulce de leche by boiling a can of sweetened condensed milk. It is VERY important that the can is covered with water the whole time so you will need to keep an eye on it and top up the pot. You’ll also want to make sure it’s completely cooled before opening the can.
- 320g Gluten free Digestive Biscuits
- 150g butter, melted
- 397g can Carnation Caramel
- 2-3 bananas
- 500ml double cream, whipped
- grated chocolate, to decorate
- Break up your digestives in a food processor, or crush them in a zip lock bag and beating them with a rolling pin.
- Add the melted butter and mix until you get a wet sand kind of texture. Spoon the crumbs into a 7 inch spring form tin. Press into the base and up the sides of the tin.
- Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Spread the caramel over the base, simply spread with a spoon or spatula.
- Slice the bananas and scatter or arrange them over the top.
- Spoon the cream over the bananas and finish with grated chocolate.
- Chill until ready to serve.