These Gluten Free Hot Chocolate Pancakes are rich chocolate pancakes with a maple syrup hot chocolate topping and garnished with mini marshmallows. Perfect for pancake Tuesday!
Do you enjoy large warm mugs of the chocolatiest hot chocolate? Do you also enjoy tall stacks of fluffy pancakes? What if I told you it was possible to enjoy both of those delicious morning treats at the same time?
Well, I’ve done it, my friends. These Gluten Free Hot Chocolate Pancakes are the perfect way to drink your hot chocolate and eat it too!
Who doesn’t love pancakes? Soft, fluffy, drenched in some sort of syrupy goodness? I mean you’d have to be crazy not to love pancakes. And there are so many flavour options – berry pancakes, chocolate chip pancakes, banana pancakes, apple-cinnamon pancakes, the list goes on an on. I decided I wanted a chocolatey pancake. It took a couple of tries to come up with a recipe that I really was happy with, but I’m so glad I kept trying because the result was out of this world delicious.
If you make this recipe, I would love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #laurasglutenfreekitchen
- FOR THE PANCAKES
- ⅔ cup Gluten Free Plain Flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp Gluten free Baking Powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- FOR THE HOT CHOCOLATE SYRUP
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp drinking chocolate powder
- Marshmallows to serve
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Whisk in milk, oil egg and vanilla just until batter is moistened.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Scoop about ½ cup of pancake batter onto the skillet.
- When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully with a spatula and cook until lightly browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Serve with some marshmallows
Helpful Equipment you may wish to buy for this Recipe
Love Pancake Tuesday and need more recipes? Then you should try……
Or try some savoury pancakes…