Quick & Easy Gluten Free Sausage Rolls are made using gluten free sausage meat wrapped in gluten free puff pastry. I mean really,? do you need any more information than that to know these are wickedly delicious?
I don’t mind some of the gluten free ones that you can buy but some of them are down-right awful. When you want really nice gluten free sausage rolls and you have a little bit of spare time available then these homemade ones will not disappoint.
There’s nothing complicated about this recipe, I promise. Just place the sausage meat on the puff pastry, roll them and add some egg wash then bake. 25 minutes later, you’re self control is going to be seriously tested!!!
These gluten free sausage rolls are so versatile. If you cant find gluten free sausage meat just use pork mince. You can also add any herbs of your choice to spice things up.
- 0.5 lb gluten free pork sausage
- 17oz gluten free puff pastry
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 400*F/200*C/Gas 6 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Unfold your pastry dough and gently roll out a little bit so it gets a little thinner then cut into 6 rectangle sections.
- Place sausage down the center of each section leaving an inch or so of pastry on either side.
- Bring sides together and pinch using a fork to seal and pat down slightly, repeat with remaining sausage and dough.
- Cut them into equal portions and then pierce the top with a knife 2 times to create venting holes.
- Place sausage rolls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whiskr egg then brush the tops of the sausage rolls and bake in oven for about 20 minutes until pastry is puffed and tops are golden.