Gluten Free Baked Eggs in Tomato Cups, Simple, healthy and flavourful breakfast, brunch recipe with eggs baked inside perfectly seasoned tomato cups.
An egg fits nicely in a tomato cup and it makes a lovely breakfast. Flavour the egg with your choice of fresh or dried herbs and bake in the oven to desired consistency. For a runny yolk, bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Add additional 5 minutes for a firmer yolk and serve with gluten free toast.
Have you noticed how the fewer ingredients a recipe has, the prettier it is? Simplicity always wins.
I’m not usually the one to have a super fancy breakfast, but if YOU are, please add these Gluten Free Baked Eggs in Tomato Cups to your breakfast menu. You will love ’em!
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C/Gas 4
- Grease a baking tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes and using a spoon, scoop out the inside of the tomatoes.
- Arrange tomatoes, cut side up, in your prepared tin.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil inside each tomato.
- Season with salt and pepper, inside each tomato.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and crack an egg inside each tomato cup.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until eggs are set. Bake 5 minutes longer if you do not like a soft/runny egg yolk.
- Remove from oven and let stand 2 minutes.
- Serve with some buttered gluten free toast