Enjoy a fresh, warm, Gluten Free Strawberry Muffin mug cake that’s ready in minutes with this simple-to-make, bursting-with flavour mug cake.
Mug cakes are fast becoming a favorite treat of mine. Its the perfect single serve dessert made in a mug and it is cooked quickly in the microwave.
- ¼ cup Gluten Free self raising flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp salted butter, melted and cooled
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup fresh Strawberries, chopped
- Coarse sparkling sugar, optional garnish
- In a 14-ounce (or larger) microwave-safe mug with straight sides, whisk together flour, sugar, and baking powder until completely combined, with no streaks of any ingredients remaining.
- Blend in milk, butter, and vanilla until batter is smooth.
- Stir in the strawberries.
- Sprinkle with sparkling sugar, if desired.
- Microwave on high for 1½ to 2 minutes, or until cake is done to your liking.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before serving.