There really is nothing better that this Gluten Free Carrot Spice Cake with A cup of Coffee.
Its also great for kids. Kids really need their fruit and vegetables to keep healthy and to keep their growth at the right pace.
One vegetable my son loves is his carrots. I swear by them. They are a great vegetable as they are full of vitamin A that kids always need.
Here’s a few benefits of the carrot
- Carrots really do help kids see in the dark, they also ease asthma and boost immunity.
- Carrots are full of vitamin A which is essential for growth.
- The vitamin A is transformed into a pigment in the retina of the eye which is essential for vision in dim light.
- Carrots may prevent asthma in children, especially in kids regularly surrounded by smokers.
- Getting kids to eat carrots may boost immunity. Vitamin A keeps the skin and the cells that line the airways healthy.
So here I share a recipe that will have the kids eating carrots. They won’t even notice there’s carrots in these.
What kid doesn’t want a big slice of cake right.
Well I baked mine in a square 9inch pan. Then I cut them into squares for handiness.
I love them this way as you can pack them in a small container and take them out as a wee treat.
You can make yours in a round 9inch pan and serve as a slice of cake.
Gluten free Carrot Spice Cake
Author: Laura Blaine
- 225g/8oz gluten free self raising flour
- 2tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1tsp Ground Ginger
- ½tsp All Spice
- 225g/8oz Light brown sugar
- 225g/8oz Carrots, grated
- 4 Eggs
- 150g/6oz Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180*C/350*F/Gas 4.
- Grease and line a 9inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Melt your butter now and leave to cool.
- Put the flour, spices and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Add the carrots and mix until combined.
- Add the eggs to the flour mixture and mix well, then add the melted butter and mix until all is combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve.