These Gluten Free Monster Cookies are super moist, soft tender and crisp on the edges.These are great and of course i had to go over the top with my M&M’s and chocolate chips as usual but to me enough is never enough.
The secret ingredient in these are of course the gluten free oats. The more fine and ground up they are the better. Just give the oats a blitz in the food processor and that will do.
I’ll be honest and say that these Gluten Free Monster Cookies have never lasted long enough for me to freeze them. I would assume they’ll freeze fine once baked. Just put one in the microwave for a few seconds or leave out on the counter for a bit.
You may notice that there is no salt added- that is not an accident. Most peanut butter comes salted so no additional salt is needed. All natural peanut butter is not the best option for these. You will want a traditional, popular brand for best results. The natural peanut butter is too grainy and the texture is better with the smoother kind. I tried both- just to see the difference.
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 and ¼ cups Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour
- ½ cup Gluten Free Oats (ground them using a blender)
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180*C/350*F Gas 4.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and sugars together until the sugars have dissolved.
- Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in the baking soda and flour.
- Fold in the grounded up oats, M&Ms, and chocolate chips.
- Roll out balls of dough and place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. The cookies will appear undone but remember cookies finish cooking while they cool.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Cookies will firm up as they cool.
- Store cookies in an Airtight Container at room temperature for up to 1 week. These cookies also freeze well.