If you like soft and chewy sugar cookies, then these Gluten Free Chewy Sugar Cookies recipe is defiantly for you! They are just thick enough, with a buttery richness and plenty of vanilla flavour. These Cookies will be your new favourite!
They are light, pillowy, and packed full of flavour. This Gluten Free Chewy Sugar Cookie Recipe, is ultra light, Chewy, ever so crispy around the edges, glistening with sugar crystals, and they are packed with a sweet vanilla flavour.
Perfect sugar cookies should always have equal parts butter and sugar. The butter and sugar should be creamed together until the butter is lighter in colour and fluffy. You should be able to tell that the sugar is broken down into the butter, because it will no longer look granular.
For extra light and delicate sugar cookies, sift your dry ingredients. Do not over-bake these cookies. The moment the edges look golden, take the cookies out of the oven and cool. Cookies always continue to bake on the tray as they cool.
- 3½ cups Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour
- 1½ tsp Gluten free baking powder
- 1½ cups Unsalted butter, Softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar + extra for rolling
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 375F/160*C fan/Gas 5.
- Line Baking Sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour and baking powder, in a medium bowl.
- Cream together the softened butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the flour mixture.
- Pour some extra sugar into a bowl to coat the cookies. Scoop the dough out and roll into 1 inch balls. The dough should be soft and delicate.
- Shake each ball in the sugar bowl to coat, then place on the cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Use the bottom of a drinking glass to press down on each ball, until it’s ⅓ – ½ inch thick.
- Bake each sheet of sugar cookies for 9-11 minutes, until the edges are slightly golden and the centers are just barely set. Cool completely on the cookie sheets.