Gluten Free Cinnamon Pound Cake, I don’t know about you but this is one of my favourite cakes, an easy fall cinnamon cake with a perfectly sweet cinnamon syrup!
I love cinnamon, you guys…it’s one of my favourite spices and it smells divine.
Let’s get to business. No messing around. This is one of my favourite cakes. (O I said that already) I’d like to call it Autumn in a Cake. But I’ll spare you that. It’s moist and full of flavour. Lovely on its own, but add that sweet syrup? Oh dear.
- 2 cups gluten free self raising flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1⅓ cups granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter , softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- --Cinnamon Syrup Glaze--
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C/Gas 4.
- Generously grease and lightly flour a 1lb loaf tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating between each one.
- Beat in the flour mixture, alternating with the milk.
- Pour batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven; cool for 10 minutes.
- While the cake cools, make the cinnamon glaze. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, butter, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Heat over medium until sugar is dissolved and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Turn cake out onto a wire rack set over a plate.
- Using a fork, poke holes all over the cake, then drizzle with the cinnamon syrup glaze.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!