All it takes is just a few ingredients to make this healthy loaf of banana bread that’s moist, oaty and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Just 6 ingredients! And ones that you probably always have on hand, Gluten Free oats, bananas, eggs, maple syrup baking soda, and chocolate chips. That’s it, y’all! You just blend all of the ingredients together in your blender then stir in the chocolate chips, pour the batter into a loaf pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
I love the texture of this loaf! It’s super moist yet still has a hearty oaty texture from the ground oats. Maple syrup and ripe bananas act as the sweeteners and are one of my favorite flavour combos.
If you love your Banana Bread super moist, perfectly sweet, healthy enough to eat for breakfast, and decadent enough to enjoy for dessert, then this recipe may very well become your go-to.
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*F/180*C/Gas 4.
- Lightly grease 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a blender (leaving out the chocolate chips), and blend until smooth and well combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. (Garnish the top of the batter with thinly sliced banana and more chocolate chips, if desired) Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool completely in loaf pan.
- Store bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator.